Recipe by TxGriffLover
There is no point to making this soup unless you use fresh cilantro. This soup is usually pureed and served as a cream soup, but you can leave it chunky for a more rustic presentation. Adapted from Worldwide Recipes.
Top Review by Mia #3
Hello from Portugal. This soup is a must in my family,I make one the same, sometimes though I like adding a carrot or 2 it give it a very nice coulor. I always have fresh cilantro in my garden, so its always handy for this wonderful soup.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 onions, chopped
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 -4 medium potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chopped cilantro (coriander leaves)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large pot over moderate heat and saute the onion and garlic until tender but not brown.
- Add the stock, potatoes, salt, pepper, and cayenne and cook until the potatoes are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Puree in an electric blender or food processor or press through a fine-mesh strained if desired.
- Serve hot or cold, adding the coriander immediately before serving.