Chef Gorete's Note:
Salted cod fish is a Portuguese staple that is delicious in a casserole.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 3 -4 cups salt cod fish, cooked
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1/2 cup green olives, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon piri piri hot sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- parsley, chopped (to decorate) (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Cut the potatoes into quarters and boil in salted water just until tender (do not overcook). Drain and place in a large casserole dish, then add the olives to the casserole dish.
- 3Shred the cooked cod fish set aside.
- 4Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onions and sauté until translucent, then add the garlic and cook for several minutes. Add all of the spices, the wine, and the water then heat through. Taste and adjust any seasonings if needed. Mix in the shredded cod and toss to coat.
- 5Pour the hot mixture over the casserole ingredients and gently toss to combine. Decorate the top with the boiled eggs.
- 6Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or just until the dish is hot.
- 7Sprinkle the chopped parsley just before serving if desired.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portuguese Cod Fish Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 601.3
- Calories from Fat 391
- Total Fat 43.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 186.5 mg
- Sodium 329.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt cod fish