Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Salted cod fish is a Portuguese staple that is delicious in a casserole.
Make and share this Portuguese Cod Fish Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cups potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 3 -4 cups salt cod fish, cooked
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon piri piri hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- parsley, chopped (to decorate) (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters and boil in salted water just until tender (do not overcook). Drain and place in a large casserole dish, then add the olives to the casserole dish.
- Shred the cooked cod fish set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onions and sauté until translucent, then add the garlic and cook for several minutes. Add all of the spices, the wine, and the water then heat through. Taste and adjust any seasonings if needed. Mix in the shredded cod and toss to coat.
- Pour the hot mixture over the casserole ingredients and gently toss to combine. Decorate the top with the boiled eggs.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or just until the dish is hot.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley just before serving if desired.