1/3 Photos of Portuguese Coconut-Custard Tarts (Pastéis De Coco)
A decadent Portuguese dessert from Leites Culinaria posted for ZWT5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- 2Adjust the rack to middle position.
- 3Line a 12-cup muffin tin with 10 paper cupcake liners.
- 4Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/4 cup of the milk; set aside.
- 5In a food processor fitted with a metal blade shred the coconut flakes for 30 seconds.
- 6In a large mixing bowl, stir the eggs and sugar together with a wooden spoon.
- 7One by one, add the cornstarch mixture, remaining milk, coconut, melted butter and lemon extract, stirring well after each addition. (Make sure to stir frequently to keep the coconut well distributed.).
- 8Ladle the custard into the paper cups, filling to 1/4 inch from the top and give it an extra stir.
- 9Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the coconut is nicely toasted.
- 10Cool completely in the tin before serving.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portuguese Coconut-Custard Tarts (Pastéis De Coco)
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.7
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 65.3 mg
- Sodium 58.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 2.9 g