1/3 Photos of Portuguese Coconut Custard Tarts - Pastéis De Coco
This rich little dessert is a cross between a custard and a macaroon. Adapted from David Leite, leitesculinaria.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Adjust the rack to middle position. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with 10 paper cupcake liners.
- 2Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/4 cup of the milk. Set aside.
- 3In a food processor fitted with a metal blade chop the coconut flakes for 30 seconds, or chop well by hand.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, stir the eggs and sugar together with a wooden spoon. One by one, add the cornstarch mixture, remaining milk, coconut, melted butter and lemon and other extract, stirring well after each addition.
- 5Ladle the custard into the paper cups, filling to 1/4 inch from the top. (NOTE: Make sure to stir frequently to keep the coconut well distributed.)
- 6Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the coconut is nicely toasted. Cool completely in the tin before serving.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portuguese Coconut Custard Tarts - Pastéis De Coco
Serving Size: 1 (734 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.7
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 65.3 mg
- Sodium 58.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 2.9 g