Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mom taught me how to make this when I was a teenager and I've been making it ever since. This is great to accompany a fish dish.
- In a saucepan, cook onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add pimento paste and parsley. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Drain clams but reserving liquid.
- Add the clams to the saucepan. Measure clam juice and add enough water to measure 1 1/4 cups of liquid.
- Add rice and tomatoes and bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to low for 20 minutes.
- Add salt if necessary.
This was a great side dish. I served it with Portuguese Style Shrimp and a side of Fava Beans. The tomato and red pepper flavour goes great with fish or seafood. Thanks Mina!!