Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Another recipe using Portuguese sausage. The sausage can be found on line at Furtados.com or Gaspars.com.
- 2 lbs Portuguese chourico, casings removed and crumbled
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 sweet onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- In a slow cooker, combine the Chourico , green pepper, onion, tomato paste, wine, water, and crushed garlic.
- Stir so that everything is evenly distributed.
- Cover, and set on Low.
- Cook for 8 hours.
- Uncover the pot, and cook an additional 2 hours to allow some of the liquid to evaporate.
- Serve over rice, or with Portuguese rolls.
I'm 100% Portuguese and I have to say that this is a pretty solid recipe for good old-fashioned chourico and peppers.
Holy Cow! As another reviewer had said, The aroma in the house is awesome! We enjoyed this, DH had two helping (and we had large first helpings) and really enjoyed this. I will make this again for one of those crockpot meals for days I run errands. Thank you for posting. I had never had Portuguese chourico and am so glad we tried it, very flavorful and yummy.
So glad I tried this recipe. Have been looking for a good Chourico and Pepper recipe for a long time. Quick and easy to make and absolutely delicious and it makes the house smell soooo good when it's cooking!!