1/2 Photos of Portuguese Chourico and Kale Soup (Adapted from Rachael Ray)
There are a couple of other sausage and kale soups on 'Zaar, but none like this. It is a just a bit spicy and filling and soothing and a meal in itself. (OK, maybe with an apple for fruit...or apple pie! :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb kale, coarsely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick peas) or 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 lb diced chorizo sausage
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups stock
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1Heat the olive in a pot over medium high heat.
- 2Add potatoes and onions, cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add garlic, bay leaves, and kale to the pot.
- 4Cover pot and wilt greens for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Add beans, tomatoes, sausage, and broth to the pot and bring soup to a full boil.
- 6Reduce heat back to medium and cook 5 to 10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portuguese Chourico and Kale Soup (Adapted from Rachael Ray)
Serving Size: 1 (908 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 967.6
- Calories from Fat 486
- Total Fat 54.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 99.9 mg
- Sodium 2534.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.7 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 46.2 g