1/2 Photos of Portuguese Chourico and Kale Soup (Adapted from Rachael Ray)
There are a couple of other sausage and kale soups on 'Zaar, but none like this. It is a just a bit spicy and filling and soothing and a meal in itself. (OK, maybe with an apple for fruit...or apple pie! :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb kale, coarsely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick peas) or 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 lb diced chorizo sausage
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups stock
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1Heat the olive in a pot over medium high heat.
- 2Add potatoes and onions, cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add garlic, bay leaves, and kale to the pot.
- 4Cover pot and wilt greens for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Add beans, tomatoes, sausage, and broth to the pot and bring soup to a full boil.
- 6Reduce heat back to medium and cook 5 to 10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portuguese Chourico and Kale Soup (Adapted from Rachael Ray)
Serving Size: 1 (908 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 967.6
- Calories from Fat 486
- Total Fat 54.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 99.9 mg
- Sodium 2534.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.7 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 46.2 g