1/3 Photos of Portuguese Chickpea and Cod Salad
A Portuguese lovely, refreshing and very easy salad to put together. I got it from one of my Portuguese cookbooks. Enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (540 ml) can chickpeas (in its water)
- 1 lb boneless cod (soaked in cold water overnight)
- 1 egg, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
For the dressing
- 1place the cod and egg in a pot of water.
- 2boil for about 10 minutes.
- 3remove from pot and let cool.
- 4in the meantime boil chickpeas in its water for about 20 minutes (drain when done).
- 5once cod has cooled flake it.
- 6peel and chop the egg.
- 7place the cod, chickpeas, egg and onion in a salad bowl.
- 8mix the dressing ingredients and pour over cod and chickpea.
- 10Better served cold.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portuguese Chickpea and Cod Salad
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.3
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 101.6 mg
- Sodium 491.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 29.2 g