Recipe by daisygrl64
A Portuguese lovely, refreshing and very easy salad to put together. I got it from one of my Portuguese cookbooks. Enjoy
- 1 (540 ml) can chickpeas (in its water)
- 1 lb boneless cod (soaked in cold water overnight)
- 1 egg, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
For the dressing
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- place the cod and egg in a pot of water.
- boil for about 10 minutes.
- remove from pot and let cool.
- in the meantime boil chickpeas in its water for about 20 minutes (drain when done).
- once cod has cooled flake it.
- peel and chop the egg.
- place the cod, chickpeas, egg and onion in a salad bowl.
- mix the dressing ingredients and pour over cod and chickpea.
- Better served cold.