Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe was found online & is included here to be taken with me on the Zaar World Tour 5.
Top Review by afk
just need to say that mint is not at all used in portuguese recipes. And the chicken soup there is simply just done with chicken (all the chicken, including skin and liver), pasta (small pastas) and salt. and of course water. just boil all together!
- 1 chicken breast, bone-in, with skin
- 1 onion, sliced into wedges
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup thin egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, add chicken breast, onion, parsley, zest & mint sprig, & simmer until done, about 35 minutes.
- Remove the breast & let it cool before stripping off the meat & cutting it into a julienne.
- Strain the broth, then return it to the ot & bring it to a boil. Add pasta & chopped mint, season to taste with salt & white pepper, then heat until pasta is cooked al dente.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice & julienned chicken. Ladle into soup bowls & ENJOY!