Recipe by BakinBaby
A chicken burger flavored with chilie's, ginger and topped with provolone cheese. This is a popular dish, and originated at Bondi Beach, Australia. I'm posting this for the Zaar Tour #5.
Top Review by afk
i think you were trying to do francesinha, which is a sandwich with all kinds of meat inside (grilled beef, ham, sausage) and cheese, and then covered with cheese and a spicy tomatoe and whisky and beer sauce. This is made in the north of Portugal. I have never seen chicken burgers served like this and they are not that popular anyway. The francesinha, as the name says (little french) comes initially from the croque monsieur, a french well-known sandwich. See on wikipedia about francesinha. Anyway, this should be a nice dish:)
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 jalapeno peppers (seeded & chopped)
- 2 lemons (juice)
- 2 teaspoons ginger (minced)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly filet the chicken breasts.
- In a metal mixing bowl, combine chilies,lemon juice ginger,oil,paprika,garlicsugar and chili flakes, stir quickly.
- Spoon half of the sauce into a separate bowl and set aside for later.
- Add the chicken breasts to the remaining chili sauce, refrigerate for 1 hours.
- Lightly dredge breasts in flour/salt mixture one by one.
- Pan fry chicken for several minutes on each side.
- Dress buns with mayonnaie, lettuce,chicken, provolone cheese and spoon some of the remaining chili sauce on top.