Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe from Rachael Ray. You can use leftover boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe (or poach some beforehand). All you need is a nice salad to complete this meal. Oh, and maybe a nice wine. :)
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters (such as russets)
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces on an angle
- 3 celery ribs, cut into large pieces on an angle
- 1 large onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 lb chorizo sausage, cut on an angle into 1 & 1/2 in slices (casing removed, if preferred)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced on an angle into 1 inch strips (poached or cooked already)
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- crusty Portuguese bread or other chewy farm bread, for passing at the table
- Place potatoes, carrots, celery and onion in a pot. Add wine, sugar, salt, oil and chicken broth. cover the pot and bring to a boil. reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the veggies cook, brown the chorizo in a nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Uncover the veggies and add in the chorizo and the tomato sauce. Set cooked chicken into the pot and heat through for 5 minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste. ladle the Portuguese Chicken into shallow bowls, garnish with parsley and serve with the crusty bread for dipping.
Made for PRMR! This was very flavorful and tasted great. Made exactly as written. Thanks