Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage, chopped (or linguica sausage)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup canned diced tomato, well drained
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 Portuguese rolls, split
- Heat a nonstick skillet over med-high heat; add olive oil and sausage; brown and sear sausage for 1 minute; then add garlic; toss for 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and spinach; toss to coat and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and scramble; season with salt and pepper.
- Pile the scramble of meat, veggies, and eggs onto the rolls; serve hot.
I made the Brunchwich for my family for brunch & everyone absolutely loved it. Can't wait to make it again!
Am rating this mostly for the "idea" as we completely veganized this rceipe. Used a tofu scramble recipe in place of the eggs (www.theppk.com) and omitted the sausage (didn't have time to grab some vegan chorizo sausage) but it was fantastic on a great roll!