Recipe by Mike Marek
A hearty soup for cold weather lunches. This has been a family favorite for over ten years. It is often the first receipe requested by new sister-in-laws.
- 1⁄2 lb Polish sausage
- 1⁄2 lb hot Italian sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (40 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 2 (28 ounce) cansof peeled Italian tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped potato
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Coleman's dry mustard
- 2 -3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop sausages into small cubes and brown over medium heat until fat is rendered Drain off most of the fat and add onions and garlic and cook until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients to a stock pot and then add the sausage, onions and garlic to the stock pot.
- Cook 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and add water if too thick.