Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
posting for safe keeping
Make and share this Portuguese Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Wash & drain beans.
- In an 8 qt kettle, bring water to boil.
- Add beans, ham, tomato sauce, onion,garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer covered 5 hrs (you could use a crock pot).
- Add potatoes, carrots, cabage, and spaghetti.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncoverd 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove ham.
- Remove meat from the bone and cube.
- Return meat to soup.
- Serve with garlic bread and salad.