Recipe by Atiekay
A cannellini bean soup with sweet potatoes, tomatoes, and swiss chard. Serves well with a slice of crusty wholegrain bread. -Recipe from Dr. Mehmet C. Oz's book
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth or 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup sweet potato, diced (1/2 inch unpeeled pieces)
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 0.5 (7 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups swiss chard, sliced and packed
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add oil and onion; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth, potato, and chili garlic sauce.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and beans.
- Return to a simmer, then add swiss chard.
- Simmer 5 more minutes or until sweet potatoes and chard are tender.
- Stir in vinegar and ladle into bowls.
- For Vegan omit the chicken broth.