A cannellini bean soup with sweet potatoes, tomatoes, and swiss chard. Serves well with a slice of crusty wholegrain bread. -Recipe from Dr. Mehmet C. Oz's book
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth or 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, diced (1/2 inch unpeeled pieces)
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 0.5 (7 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups swiss chard, sliced and packed
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add oil and onion; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add broth, potato, and chili garlic sauce.
- 4Bring to a boil over high heat.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in tomatoes and beans.
- 7Return to a simmer, then add swiss chard.
- 8Simmer 5 more minutes or until sweet potatoes and chard are tender.
- 9Stir in vinegar and ladle into bowls.
- 10For Vegan omit the chicken broth.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portuguese Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.7
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 779.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: