Prep 4 hrs
Cook 28 hrs 50 mins
great taste, good for those cold winter nights
- 2 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- in shallow glass dish, arrange chicken in single layer.
- Combine wine, lemon rind and juice, tomato paste, oil, paprika, hot pepper sauce, salt and garlic; pour over chicken, turning to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or for up to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Reserving marinade, place chicken on greased grill over mediun heat;close lid and cook, skin side down for 10 minutes.
- turn and cook, brushing with marinade, for 30-40 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced.
Great chicken recipe with lots of flavor and tenderness. If possible, do use piri piri sauce which is a Portuguese traditional hot sauce. Thanks for submitting.
This was pretty good but we added a little more hot sauce to taste.