Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious Portuguese one dish meal. This is a very popular dish in Portugal. Note: buying a bag of frozen seafood will work with this.
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 14.79 ml cider vinegar
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 236.59 ml tomato sauce
- 2 beer, bottles of
- 709.77 ml short-grain rice
- 828.06 ml water
- 29.58 ml salt
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 680.38 g mixed frozen seafood (shrimp, squid, crab, fish)
- in a large pot mix seafood with enough beer to cover.
- cook the seafood over medium heat for about 5 minutes or just enough so the seafood can warm up in the beer.
- remove the mixture from the pot and let it sit in the beer.
- dice the onions, garlic and green pepper.
- heat the olive oil and saute the onion, pepper and garlic until lightly browned.
- add the tomato sauce, 1 bottle of beer and the seafood mix and continue cooking that for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- reduce the heat to low, stir the mixture well, cover it and cook for 30 minutes. (do NOT stir) or until the liquid has evaporated.
I thought this was very good, although it got mixed reviews from my family. It was a very simple dish and the seafood is the star. Great flavors from the seafood and beer. I think this would be great with some fresh tomato salsa on top, thanks for sharing! Made this for the Rail Riding Rowdies ZWT5.