Recipe by daisygrl64
A delicious Portuguese one dish meal. This is a very popular dish in Portugal. Note: buying a bag of frozen seafood will work with this.
Top Review by Midwest Maven
I thought this was very good, although it got mixed reviews from my family. It was a very simple dish and the seafood is the star. Great flavors from the seafood and beer. I think this would be great with some fresh tomato salsa on top, thanks for sharing! Made this for the Rail Riding Rowdies ZWT5.
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 beer, bottles of
- 3 cups short-grain rice
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mixed frozen seafood (shrimp, squid, crab, fish)
Directions See How It's Made
- in a large pot mix seafood with enough beer to cover.
- cook the seafood over medium heat for about 5 minutes or just enough so the seafood can warm up in the beer.
- remove the mixture from the pot and let it sit in the beer.
- dice the onions, garlic and green pepper.
- heat the olive oil and saute the onion, pepper and garlic until lightly browned.
- add the tomato sauce, 1 bottle of beer and the seafood mix and continue cooking that for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- reduce the heat to low, stir the mixture well, cover it and cook for 30 minutes. (do NOT stir) or until the liquid has evaporated.