Recipe by Annacia
From African Kitchen :South Africa. Preferably spatchcock a baby chicken or small sprig chicken by laying it on its back, breast side up. Cut through this side only so that chicken can be opened out .
Top Review by diner524
Delicious chicken!!! I made this as written with the exception of using two very large chicken quarters. I basted the chicken with some of the marinade while they were grilling. I made the sauce and served it over mashed potatoes for a wonderful dinner. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for 123 Tag Game.
- 1 frying chicken
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- ground red chili pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a blender to liquify bottom 7 ingredients and pour over the chicken in a roasting pan.
- Cover with foil and roast for 35 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven, strain liquid and thicken by reduction in pot on top of stove.
- Meanwhile crisp the chicken up on slow open fire or under grill of stove if open fire or under grill of stove if open fire is not available. (Fire is first prize) Baste liberally with thickened sauce before serving.
- Serve with good savory rice, vinaigrette dressed salad, French fries and light, chilled frosty!