Recipe by GourmetQueen
I found this recipe in Ciao! magazine. It is from a restaurant called "Inn At the Forks" in Winnipeg, MB. The description reads: "This buttery parcel packs an earthy flavor. Serve it with a salad for a light meal." To make egg wash mix 1 egg with 3/4 cup milk. I haven't tried it yet but I can't wait, it sounds so delicious
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaf
- 8 portabella mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 6 roasted red peppers
- 5 ounces goat cheese, sliced
- 1 cup egg wash
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- Using a spoon, scrape gills from interior of mushrooms.
- Generously drizzle olive oil over mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- Place mushrooms on baking sheet and bake until tender (8-10 mins). Set aside to cool.
- Cut puff pastry sheet into four equal squares.
- Place a mushroom in the center of pastry, layer with roasted pepper, basil leaves and goat cheese. Finish with a second portobello mushroom.
- Fold centers of pastry around filling, bringing them together at top. Be sure to enclose entirely.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheet with folded side down.
- Brush top of Wellington with egg wash.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 mins, until pastry is golden.