1/4 Photos of Portobello Wellington
I found this recipe in Ciao! magazine. It is from a restaurant called "Inn At the Forks" in Winnipeg, MB. The description reads: "This buttery parcel packs an earthy flavor. Serve it with a salad for a light meal." To make egg wash mix 1 egg with 3/4 cup milk. I haven't tried it yet but I can't wait, it sounds so delicious
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- 2Using a spoon, scrape gills from interior of mushrooms.
- 3Generously drizzle olive oil over mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Place mushrooms on baking sheet and bake until tender (8-10 mins). Set aside to cool.
- 5Cut puff pastry sheet into four equal squares.
- 6Place a mushroom in the center of pastry, layer with roasted pepper, basil leaves and goat cheese. Finish with a second portobello mushroom.
- 7Fold centers of pastry around filling, bringing them together at top. Be sure to enclose entirely.
- 8Place on parchment-lined baking sheet with folded side down.
- 9Brush top of Wellington with egg wash.
- 10Bake in oven for 12-15 mins, until pastry is golden.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portobello Wellington
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.8
- Calories from Fat 429
- Total Fat 47.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 345.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh basil leaves
salt and pepper
roasted red peppers