Recipe by LikesItHot
Large portobello caps stuffed with ricotta cheese and chicken or turkey sausage = a mouthwatering delight everybody can enjoy.
Top Review by Starrynews
Easy and tasty! This also worked great with smaller portabellas as a little appetizer, when I found I had a last bit of ricotta to use up after making some lasagna. Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Spring 14
- 1 large portobello mushroom cap, stem removed
- 1⁄4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 chicken link sausage, preferably spicy Italian variety
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the sausage until done. Cut into small chunks.
- Place 1/4 cup of ricotta inside the portobello cap, gently spread it around evenly.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder and oregano over the ricotta.
- Add sausage chunks on top of the ricotta and bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes. Mushroom will be softer when done.