Recipe by Derf
Posted for "Ready Set Cook" challenge. This is delicious, serve with baked potatoes, sour cream and chives and apricot glazed carrots.
Top Review by Bergy
Well Dorothy, you haven't let me down with any of your recipes and this one is no exception, Lovely blend of flavors, moist meat and all round excellent recipe. I followed the ingredients to a T and also the steps, For this recipe I think it is very important to follow the steps exactly. Nice work Dorothy & good luck in the contest.
- 680.38-1133.98 g pork tenderloin, butterflied
- 907.18 g portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed, divided
- salt and pepper
- 226.79 g broccoli floret, chopped
- 113.39 g parmesan cheese, shaved about 1/8 inch thick
- 9.85 ml butter or 9.85 ml olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay out butterflied pork tenderloin, inside up.
- Cover one half of tenderloin with one layer of shaved Parmesan, overlapped.
- Spread chopped broccoli over cheese and sprinkle with one smashed clove garlic.
- Dot with butter or sprinkle over olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover all with another layer of shaved Parmesan.
- Fold unfilled half over filled half and tie together a couple of times around the middle and once length wise, with kitchen string.
- In a large fry pan, at medium hot heat, sear on all sides, set aside, in roaster.
- Sauce: Add butter or oil to fry pan, scrape up bits and saute mushroom slices until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine, cilantro, remaining smashed garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Pour a quarter of the sauce over the roast.
- Preheat oven to 400°F, cook roast uncovered for about 45 minutes.
- Pour remaining mushroom sauce over roast and return to oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove tenderloin to platter, let stand for 10 minutes, then carve into half inch slices and spoon all mushroom sauce from roaster over roast slices.
- Garnish with sprigs of cilantro.