1/2 Photos of Portobello Smothered Pork Tenderloin Stuffed W/Parmesan Broccoli
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Posted for "Ready Set Cook" challenge. This is delicious, serve with baked potatoes, sour cream and chives and apricot glazed carrots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2-2 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin, butterflied
- 2 lbs portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 lb broccoli floret, chopped
- 1/4 lb parmesan cheese, shaved about 1/8 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1Lay out butterflied pork tenderloin, inside up.
- 2Cover one half of tenderloin with one layer of shaved Parmesan, overlapped.
- 3Spread chopped broccoli over cheese and sprinkle with one smashed clove garlic.
- 4Dot with butter or sprinkle over olive oil.
- 5Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Cover all with another layer of shaved Parmesan.
- 7Fold unfilled half over filled half and tie together a couple of times around the middle and once length wise, with kitchen string.
- 8In a large fry pan, at medium hot heat, sear on all sides, set aside, in roaster.
- 9Sauce: Add butter or oil to fry pan, scrape up bits and saute mushroom slices until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- 10Add wine, cilantro, remaining smashed garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- 11Reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- 12Pour a quarter of the sauce over the roast.
- 13Preheat oven to 400°F, cook roast uncovered for about 45 minutes.
- 14Pour remaining mushroom sauce over roast and return to oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 15Remove tenderloin to platter, let stand for 10 minutes, then carve into half inch slices and spoon all mushroom sauce from roaster over roast slices.
- 16Garnish with sprigs of cilantro.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portobello Smothered Pork Tenderloin Stuffed W/Parmesan Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.3
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 148.3 mg
- Sodium 602.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 52.7 g