Something exotic from chavrie.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb portabella mushroom, gently wiped clean with a damp paper towel
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 small focaccia bread, loaf
- 7 (1 ounce) packages fresh goat cheese, such as Chavrie, sliced in 4 equal slices lengthwise
- 1 small bunch arugula (can substitute spinach)
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil
- 1Preheat panini grill or sandwich press to high.
- 2Remove the gills from the portobello mushrooms and marinate with olive oil.
- 3Grill the mushrooms until tender, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and set on a paper towel to drain. Cut the focaccia into 4 pieces, slice them horizontally, and drizzle with some olive oil.
- 4Lay the 4 bottom slices of focaccia on a flat surface. Layer mushrooms evenly on each slice. Place a slice of goat cheese on each piece. Top with arugula and drizzle with truffle oil.
- 5Put the tops on and gently press each sandwich to flatten it slightly. Drizzle some more olive oil over the tops. Place each sandwich on a preheated panini press and grill until the bread is toasted and the cheese is bubbly. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portobello Panini
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.5
- Calories from Fat 380
- Total Fat 42.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 39.2 mg
- Sodium 266.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: