Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Something exotic from chavrie.com.
Make and share this Portobello Panini recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb portabella mushroom, gently wiped clean with a damp paper towel
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 small focaccia bread, loaf
- 7 (1 ounce) packages fresh goat cheese, such as Chavrie, sliced in 4 equal slices lengthwise
- 1 small bunch arugula (can substitute spinach)
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil
- Preheat panini grill or sandwich press to high.
- Remove the gills from the portobello mushrooms and marinate with olive oil.
- Grill the mushrooms until tender, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and set on a paper towel to drain. Cut the focaccia into 4 pieces, slice them horizontally, and drizzle with some olive oil.
- Lay the 4 bottom slices of focaccia on a flat surface. Layer mushrooms evenly on each slice. Place a slice of goat cheese on each piece. Top with arugula and drizzle with truffle oil.
- Put the tops on and gently press each sandwich to flatten it slightly. Drizzle some more olive oil over the tops. Place each sandwich on a preheated panini press and grill until the bread is toasted and the cheese is bubbly. Serve immediately.