Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Scandinavian recipe adapted from Tina Nordstrom's recipes in New Scandinavian Cooking. I love mushrooms and this is so good with the thyme and parmesan! Great as a side dish and it's also good on toast or with pasta. Enjoy!
- 8 large portabella mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter (or margarine)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- parmesan cheese, freshly shaved (or grated to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- Place the oil and butter in a large skillet. Saute the mushrooms, garlic and thyme for 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in the onion and saute for 3-4 more minutes, or till done to your liking.
- Pour over the balsamic vinegar and remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with the dill and parmesan cheese. Add some freshly ground black pepper to taste (a few twists of the pepper mill).
- Serve and enjoy!
Delicious and full of flavour! Served as a side for baked salmon.
I had this for a quick, meatless supper. It was delicious. I substituted tarragon for the dill and it was very tasty.
Very tasty! I added a little more balsamic at the table.