Will surely impress! This recipe is very easy, but soooo delicious and rich in flavours. You can omit the shrimp if you like, or replace it with scallops or chicken pieces. It makes a great main dish with a salad and grilled veg, or a wonderful side dish to a steak dinner. I've also used the "stuffing" to serve over toated baguette slices (instead of over mushroom). mmmmm...yummy! The recipe makes two portions, but you could easily double or triple the ingredients if you need more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large portabella mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- balsamic vinegar, to brush the mushrooms with
- 1 green onion, finely chopped (both green and white part)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small tomatoes, small dice
- salt & pepper
- 3 -4 tablespoons soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 8 large shrimp, with shells and veins removed
- 1Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- 2Clean the mushrooms by removing the stems and (using a small spoon) scraping out the gills. Then use a paper towel to brush off any dirt from the cap. Place them on a cookie sheet upside down, and brush them with balsamic vinegar.
- 3In a large non-stick fry pan, cook the shrimps (about 2 mins each side). Remove from the pan, cover, and set aside.
- 4In the same pan, melt the butter and add the garlic and onion. Saute on high for about a minute to let the flavours sweat out slightly. Add the chopped tomato and continue to saute for several minutes until the tomatoes are very mushy and resemble a thick (slightly chunky) sauce. Add the salt & pepper and turn the temp down to medium. Continue to saute for a minute or so to let the flavours blend well and the ingredients to cool slightly.
- 5Add the goat cheese and stir continuously until the cheese is melted inches You should end up with a thick/creamy-type "sauce". Remove from heat.
- 6Stuff the mushrooms with the sauce. Sprinkle some bread crumbs over top (this helps keep everything in place) and then lay 4 shrimps on top of each mushroom.
- 7Bake in the oven for about 15-20 mins (to allow everything to heat through).
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed With Shrimp & Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.4
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 58.1 mg
- Sodium 299.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: