Recipe by CJAY
This was exported from Mastercook.
Top Review by Veggie Girl Kacey
I forgot to take a picture which would have showed how beautiful this dish is. We really enjoyed this recipe, which I combined with http://www.food.com/recipe/cheddar-stuffed-mushrooms-342120. Everything came together quite nicely. I found that two bouillon cubes was too much so next time I will cut back to one. Also, my portobello mushrooms were not done after the five minutes but that worked out perfectly because I used the other recipe above and baked them in the oven to finish the cooking. Will definitely make again with the minor changes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut longitudinally
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 beef bouillon cubes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 2 medium portabella mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring medium-sized saute pan up to medium heat and add oil, onions, garlic and sugar. Saute until onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Add beef bouillon and wine; stir until bouillon dissolves.
- Saute until wine is mostly absorbed, about 4-5 minutes. Add mushroom caps and saute until soft, about 5 minutes total, turning to cook each side. Place caps on plate, topping with sauce from the saute pan. Serve hot.