Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This is a hearty meal that is sure to please whether being served as an appetizer or main dish.
- 6 fresh portabella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups romano cheese
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs (I suggest Japanese Style Bread Crumbs by Panko)
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes Sour Cream and Chive Mashed Potatoes
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- Cleanse the mushrooms and remove the stems. Then, finely chop the stems.
- In a pan, saute the mushroom stems in 2 Tbsp olive oil over a medium high heat until tender.
- Rub the mushroom caps with oil and put them in a greased or oiled baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream and chive mashed potatoes and Romano cheese, and the sautéed mushroom stems; mix until well blended, and stuff firmly into the mushroom caps.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining olive oil, bread crumbs, and Romano cheese. Sprinkle this over the stuffed mushroom caps.
- Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are heated through. Now serve with your meal, or make this your meal.