Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
In response to a request for a low fat beef recipe. Looks really good!
- 1⁄3 cup Burgundy wine or 1⁄3 cup dry red wine or 1⁄3 cup nonalcoholic red wine
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons very low-sodium worcestershire sauce or 3 tablespoons low-sodium worcestershire sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, minced or 1 tablespoon instant minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
- 12 ounces portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 12 ounces top sirloin steaks, all visible fat removed,cut into thin strips
- 8 ounces dried spinach fettuccine
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Combine marinade ingredients in an airtight plastic bag.
- Add mushrooms and beef and turn to coat thoroughly.
- Seal and refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning bag frequently.
- Cook pasta using package directions, omitting salt and oil.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with olive oil spray.
- Heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer half the beef mixture to skillet.
- Cook for 4 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink, stirring frequently.
- Put on a plate and set aside.
- Repeat with remaining beef mixture, reserving all marinade and leaving beef mixture in skillet.
- Return reserved beef mixture with juices to skillet and add marinade.
- Increase heat to high and cook for 1 minute, stirring gently.
- Remove from heat.
- To serve, spoon beef mixture and sauce over pasta.