Recipe by McGelby
This is a tasty recipe from Lifetime's Cook Yourself Thin, DH and I tried this for dinner last night and really enjoyed it. Only changes I plan for the next time is to leave the greens on the side as it made things messy and maybe to use about half the parsley. 1 serving is 2 melts. I hope you enjoy!
Top Review by tjgood
Very tasty sandwich, it is going into recipe rotation. Cut the parsley as recommended. I put the tuna mixture on the mushroom and returned it to the broiler a few mins. before adding the cheese and tomato to get it heated without charring the cheese.
- 4 portabella mushrooms, stemmed, gills removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (5 ounce) can albacore tuna in water, drained
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup mixed baby greens
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler.
- Brush the mushrooms with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet and broil, turning once until softened and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, in a bowl, combine tuna, celery, parsley, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and remaining tablespoon oil.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven.
- Divide tuna mixture among mushrooms, and spread evenly in caps.
- Top each with a slice of cheese, and broil until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Top each mushroom with a tomato slice and 2 tablespoons greens.
- Serve immediately.