Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Paula's Best Dishes-Chillin Out. YUM.
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, cleaned
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto sauce
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 4 hamburger buns, split, buttered, and toasted
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush mushrooms caps with olive oil; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Grill mushrooms, smooth side down, covered with grill lid, for 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, pesto, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread mixture evenly over cut sides of buns.
- Divide arugula evenly over bottom halves of buns.
- Top each evenly with peppers.
- Place mushrooms caps over peppers. Cover with tops of buns.
Outstanding combination of flavors! Meatless Monday might be Mushroom Monday every week from now on. I used plain Greek yogurt instead of mayo and it was a very tasty sauce - would also make a good creamy salad dressing.
Yum!! Super tasty. Forgot to butter the buns and saved a few calories. These are really quick to prepared and so flavorful. Thanks for posting this delicious recipe.
Way better than any meat burger I've ever had! I think all the flavors come together nicely in this, but I think the "secret" ingredient is the method of grilling the portabellos - it gives them such a great taste. We also opted to grill one red pepper (for 2 burgers) instead of using jarred, and I would highly recommend that. I added less mustard for my taste. These made a delicious meal!