1/1 Photo of Portobello Lasagna With Basil Cream
1 hr 15 mins
Chef Buggsy Mate's Note:
A flavorful lasagna for the mushroom lover.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk, heated
- 4 garlic cloves, 3 minced and 1 mashed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lb lasagna noodle
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs portabella mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups basil leaves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/4 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1In a medium saucepan, melt 3 Tbs. butter over low heat. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in the hot milk, then the smashed garlic clove and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Bring the garlic sauce to a boil and cook, whisking, until thickened, 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- 2In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the lasagna noodles for 8 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl of cold water.
- 3Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees.
- 4In a large skillet, melt the remaining 2 Tbs, butter over low heat. Add the onions and chopped garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in the mushrooms, increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring often, until dry, 5-7 minutes.
- 6Using a food processor, puree the basil leaves with the cream. Set aside 1/2 cup basil cream.
- 7Stir the remaining basil cream and 1/2 cup parmesan into the mushroom mixture; season with salt and pepper.
- 8Grease a 2 quart rectangular baking dish, and spread 3/4 cup reserved garlic sauce on the bottom. Drain the lasagna noodles and lay 3, lengthwise, in the baking dish, trimming the ends with scissors to fit the pan.
- 9Top with half of the mushroom mixture, half the mozarella cheese and a layer of noodles and repeat.
- 10Combine the remaining garlic sauce and basil cream; spoon on top. Sprinkle with the remaining 3/4 cup parmesan.
- 11Bake until golden, 40-45 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portobello Lasagna With Basil Cream
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 658.6
- Calories from Fat 372
- Total Fat 41.4 g
- Saturated Fat 25.0 g
- Cholesterol 134.4 mg
- Sodium 948.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 27.3 g