Portobello Curry With Green Rice
- In a medium saucepan mix rice, 2 cups water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor mix 1/2 cup of the coconut milk, cilantro, parsley, 1 teaspoon of the fresh ginger, 1 garlic clove, and the lime juice. Cover; blend or process until nearly smooth. Stir into rice. Cover; keep warm.
- In 12-inch skillet cook mushrooms in hot oil over medium heat for 5 minutes; turning occasionally.
- Add green onions, curry powder, red pepper flakes, and remaining ginger and garlic. Cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and remaining coconut milk. Heat through. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- To serve, divide rice among 4 plates. Top with mushroom mixture and sprinkle with nuts. Enjoy!
- Makes 4 servings.