1/2 Photos of Portobello Curry With Green Rice
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (divided)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (may add 1/2 cup if you really like cilantro!)
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely minced (divided)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (divided)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 lb portabella mushroom, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered (or use a regular tomato, chopped to equal 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped roasted cashews (or peanuts)
- 1In a medium saucepan mix rice, 2 cups water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- 2Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor mix 1/2 cup of the coconut milk, cilantro, parsley, 1 teaspoon of the fresh ginger, 1 garlic clove, and the lime juice. Cover; blend or process until nearly smooth. Stir into rice. Cover; keep warm.
- 3In 12-inch skillet cook mushrooms in hot oil over medium heat for 5 minutes; turning occasionally.
- 4Add green onions, curry powder, red pepper flakes, and remaining ginger and garlic. Cook and stir 1 minute.
- 5Stir in tomatoes and remaining coconut milk. Heat through. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- 6To serve, divide rice among 4 plates. Top with mushroom mixture and sprinkle with nuts. Enjoy!
- 7Makes 4 servings.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portobello Curry With Green Rice
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.4
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 55.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 8.7 g