Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Recipe Courtesy Angie Ketterman Foodnetwork.com
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 4 slices gouda cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 leaves butter lettuce
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- Combine marindae ingredients. Place caps into a baking dish and pour marinade over top. Use a brush to make sure all caps are covered with the marinade. Set aside and let marinate up to 2 hours.
- Remove the portobellos from marinade (do not discard marinade) and place grill side down on a preheated gas, electric or charcoal grill over medium-high hat. Grill 3 to 4 minutes per side. Top each cap with cheese 2 minutes to melt before they are finished grilling.
- In a medium bowl combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise and 2 tablespoons of the marinade.
- Spread the flavored mayonnaise onto each bun and top with portobellos. Serve with sliced onion, lettuce and tomato.