Recipe by hollyfrolly
Incredibly flavorful pasta dish with fresh portobellos and crisp asparagus. An amazing gluten free dish when used with rice pasta. This is a must-try!
- 2 large portabella mushroom caps, chopped into 1/4 by 1 inch slices
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed into 1 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided into 2 and 1 tablespoon
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces brown rice pasta, elbows, cooked al dente
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta per directions so that the pasta is cooked al dente.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter and the olive oil in a pan on high heat. Add mushrooms to pan and cook without moving for a few minutes. Once they begin to brown, stir the pan and continue cooking until soft.
- Add chopped asparagus to the pan, reduce the heat to medium and saute for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add garlic to the pan and cook for another 2-5 minutes, until asparagus is tender.
- Add beef broth to the pan along with the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water before draining pasta.
- Add pasta to the vegetable mixture (you may want to add a bit of the pasta water to the mix if it is too dry) and serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese, to taste. Enjoy!