Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
One thing we are sworn to do where I work is listen to our customers. That paid off big time for me when, the other day, a customer was looking for a tawny port. She said she was in town visiting her family and she had to have it for her spaghetti sauce. I took her to the port and then inquired about her sauce. This recipe is what she told me. It's one of those "Go Figure" recipes that turned out every bit as delicious as she said it would. You can taste a little of the sweetness, but it's a great variation and we enjoyed it very much.
- 1 (26 ounce) jar Prego spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 8 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup tawny port (we used Sheffield)
- Brown beef and drain fat, if necessary.
- Add mushrooms and give a good stir.
- Add spaghetti sauce and swish out jar with the tawny port, then pouring the port into the sauce.
- Simmer on low until mushrooms are tender.
Very good! Easy to do without a lot of fuss. I used 1/2 cup Emu 999 Australian Port and Prego Mushroom spaghetti sauce. It was just right! Another time I used ground turkey and it is still good. Thanks for a great recipe!
This is a lovely, slightly sweet pasta sauce. I used ground venison and baby bella mushrooms. A nice combination over cheese raviolis.