1/2 Photos of Portillo's Italian Beef Sandwiches
12 hrs 15 mins
Miss Annie's Note:
Portillo's restaurant, in Chicago, are famous for their beef sandwiches. This would be one of those dishes you could make for your family and freeze leftovers for another meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine the water, salt, ground black pepper, oregano, basil, onion salt, parsley, garlic powder, bay leaf and salad dressing mix.
- 2Stir well and bring just to a boil.
- 3Place roast in a slow cooker and pour mixture over the roast.
- 4Cover and cook on low setting for 10 to 12 hours OR high setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- 5Remove bay leaf and shred meat with a fork.
- 6Serve on Italian Rolls.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portillo's Italian Beef Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.0
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 170.1 mg
- Sodium 355.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 47.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian salad dressing mix