Recipe by xDAVEx
Careful... this one causes cravings! This cake recipe is super light, moist, and not too sweet. It is a perfect base to dump the best frosting, fudge, or chocolate all over it. It makes great cupcakes too! The recipe was labeled as a copycat for Portillo's (this ones all over the net so I can't credit anyone). Whether it is a good copy I'm not sure... but it makes a darn good cake.
Top Review by ablalock08
Luuluu is correct the cake mix is Betty Crocker. Seems like yesterday when I was making this cake at the restaurant. This cake is SUPER DELICIOUS....The lemon cake is also divine!
- 1 betty crocker super moist chocolate butter recipe cake mix (gotta be butter recipe)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise (not light)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 2 round cake pans (or your choice of pan; cupcakes works great too).
- Beat all ingredients for 4 minutes (makes it fluffy).
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Follow baking instruction on box for your choice of pan, elevation, etc.
- Use toothpick to check for doneness.