Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
From "The Early Show", recipe courtesy of Katie Lee.
Make and share this Porterhouse Steaks recipe from Food.com.
- 4 steaks, porterhouse
- 2 tablespoons salt, kosher
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 tablespoons oil, canola
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill or place a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Combine salt and pepper and sprinkle on both sides of each steak. Drizzle each side of steaks with canola oil.
- Grill for 4 to 6 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Let the steaks rest a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Perfection! This is the best way to grill steaks as it just enhances the natural flavor of the meat. Grilled a total of 7 minutes on high flame of gas grill for a perfect charred rare steak.
Hubby's favourite cut of steak is Porterhouse, so I had to try this recipe. I used Certified Australian Angus Beef and cooked it for 4 minutes each side (Hubby loves medium rare). Served with steamed broccoli and Crunchy Potato Wedges. Hubby and Little Miss (DD) really enjoyed the steak. I don't eat red meat so I can't comment on the flavour but the technique was really easy to use. Thank you mightyro_cooking4u