Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a hearty steakhouse-style steak that is sure to make your guests feel special - and you don't even need to go to any fuss. Or, you can treat yourself with a delicious meal. If you prefer milder white button mushrooms, you can swap them for the wild ones.
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 3 porterhouse steaks, 3/4-inch thick, about 3 lbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces assorted wild mushrooms, such as cremini, shiitake and oyster (sliced or quartered, about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, preferably white
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- chopped fresh parsley
- fresh rosemary sprig
- Position broiler rack so that top of meat on rack in pan will be about 5 inches from heat source; preheat broiler.
- Combine 1 t. salt, pepper, garlic powder and 1/4 t. dried rosemary; sprinkle over steaks. Place on rack in broiler pan. Broil, turning once, 6-7 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Meanwhile, in nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and remaining salt and dried rosemary; cook, stirring, until browned, 6-7 minutes. Add vinegar; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes.
- Transfer steaks to platter. Top with mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with parsley and garnish with rosemary sprigs.
This is a very tasty recipe to make when you want to endulge in a good steak. The recipe is very flavorful; yet easy to prepare. I prepared my steaks on a stovetop grilling pan; otherwise followed the recipe as listed using cremini mushrooms. Made for Fall PAC 2008
DH and I made this delicious steak recipe for dinner last night. We really enjoyed it. Loved all the ingredients and best of all, it is fast and easy to prep. I used all portabella mushrooms as that is what I had on hand. I was very excited to get a chance to use the bottle of white balsamic vinegar that I purchased over the summer and had yet to find a recipe for. The only modification we made was to grill the steaks on the BBQ--otherwise we followed all directions as posted. We'll definitely make it again. Thanks!