Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A friend of mine hipped me to this recipe from a spot in Atlanta, GA named Porter Beer Bar. Ultra creamy grit goodness topped with mushroom and shrimp (you could put something else on top or just serve up the cheese grits). You'll have to run a 1/2 marathon to burn this dish off your dish, but it's worth it when the mood hits.
- 473.18 ml water
- 473.18 ml heavy cream
- 236.59 ml quick-cooking grits
- 236.59 ml grated white cheddar cheese
- 113.39 g butter
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 226.79 g cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 226.79 g portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 29.58 ml butter
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 44.37 ml chopped parsley
- 24 shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- white truffle oil
- To make the grits, bring water and cream to a boil. Quickly whisk in grits and cook for 5 minutes stirring. Whisk in cheddar and cook another 5 minutes. Finish with butter, salt and pepper.
- To make the topping, heat butter in a sauté pan. Add onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté until they release their juices. Add shrimp and sauté until pink. Mix in parsley, salt and pepper.
- To plate, dish some grits in a bowl or plate or whatever you like, add some shrimp/shroom mixture on top and add a couple drops of truffle oil if you like.