Recipe by Mysterygirl
Most unusual cookies, but very tasty. My SIL made this the first time about 25 years ago, the whole family loves it. Especially because of how little sugar is in it. I think that she got it from the Quaker Oats company back then.
Top Review by Derf
Mysterygirl, these "cookies", were a real surpize!! Sooo nummmmy!!I had run out of raisins, but I had some nice fresh dates; i chopped them to the size of raisins, they were great!! The combination of apple, sharp cheese and dates was wonderful, quite delicious!! DH says they won't last long, as a matter of fact, they have been out of the oven for about 20 minutes, barley cool and half are gone!! Pleasers they are and will please us again soon, thanks for sharing!!
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped apple
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a large bowl; mix well.
- Add oatmeal, cheese and raisins; mix well.
- Stir in chopped apple.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie cheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator or in a loosely covered container at room temperature.