Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from Martha Stewart Food. My husband and I eat it as a main dish, but it would make a nice appetizer also if you used smaller mushroom caps.
- 4 large portabella mushroom caps
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 leeks, white parts only, sliced
- 473.18 ml fresh spinach, chopped
- 236.59 ml goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Place mushroom caps, gill sides up, on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil and vinegar, then season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until caps are just tender, approximately 15 minutes.
- Top with leeks, spinach and cheese.
- Bake until spinach begins to wilt and cheese starts to brown.
These turned out really well, but I did make a few changes. I sauteed the leeks before adding to the portobella. Next time I will cook the spinach first too, then just broil till the cheese browns a bit. Thank you Serah, I have enjoyed making your recipes for Pick A Chef! :lol: