Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a really yummy dish that is easy to throw together and can be served with some rice for a vegetarian main dish, or as a side. Not only is it quick and easy, it's a little different from the usual stuffed or grilled portabella.
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tamari or 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 portabella mushroom caps, cleaned
- 2 ears corn
- 1 red bell pepper, diced 1/4 inch
- 1 -2 green onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped (I have also used cilantro with good results)
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, tamari, garlic, and pepper. Add 2 Tbsp of oil and stir to blend. Brush each cap with the mixture and broil for 2 minutes on each side until cooked.
- Remove kernels from corn cobs and combine with red pepper, onions, parsley, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Heat the remaining Tbsp oil in a small pan, add corn mixture and sautee 1-2 minutes.
- Top each broiled mushroom cap with mixture and serve.