Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I had these as an appetizer at the Blue Grotto restaurant in Daytona Beach. My DH and I loved them, so I have attempted to recreate the recipe.
- 4 large portabella mushrooms
- 226.79 g fresh spinach
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- Remove stems from mushrooms and chop.
- Bake portabella caps for about 10 minutes in 400 degree oven.
- Remove and cool.
- Saute onions and garlic in 1T oil until onions are translucent.
- Add spinach to onions and garlic and saute until spinach is wilted.
- Spoon this mixture into portabella caps.
- Sprinkle blue cheese on top
- Bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Mix remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Drizzle over the cooked portabellas and serve.
An amazing combination of flavors that were just meant to be! I wouldn't change a single thing about this recipe because it is perfect.
As a fan of blue cheese, portabellas and balsamic vinegar DH and I thought these made a very pleasant main dish for a vegetarian meal. I made as written and we found the vinegar oil dressing did a wonderful job of both highlighting as well as bring together all wonderful flavors. We found a large portabella worked nicely as a main dish and think that if using as an appetizer should use a small to medium portabella. This is a ten star recipe that I will be enjoying again, thanks for the post.