I had these as an appetizer at the Blue Grotto restaurant in Daytona Beach. My DH and I loved them, so I have attempted to recreate the recipe.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and chop.
- Bake portabella caps for about 10 minutes in 400 degree oven.
- Remove and cool.
- Saute onions and garlic in 1T oil until onions are translucent.
- Add spinach to onions and garlic and saute until spinach is wilted.
- Spoon this mixture into portabella caps.
- Sprinkle blue cheese on top
- Bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Mix remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Drizzle over the cooked portabellas and serve.