1/1 Photo of Portabellas Stuffed With Parmesan Potatoes
1 hr 15 mins
Portabellos topped with potato filling served on a bed of spinach. Gourmet, easy, lovely to behold!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large red-skinned sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 2 large white-skinned potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 4 -5 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 -6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten until blended
- 5 -6 portabella mushrooms (4 to 5-inch diameter)
- 6 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh Baby Spinach
- salt and pepper
- 1Place the peeled potatoes, garlic, and bay leaf in large saucepan of boiling salted water and cook until the potatoes are very tender, about 12 minutes.
- 2Drain and discard the bay leaf.
- 3Return the potatoes to pot.
- 4Mash them together until they are smooth and set aside to cool for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- 5After the waiting time mix in 3 to 4 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Whisk in the eggs and set the mixture aside.
- 7Remove the mushroom stems from the Portobellos and chop them very fine.
- 8Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 9Add mushroom stems and onion and sauté 5 minutes.
- 10Stir in parsley and rosemary and season with salt and pepper.
- 11Preheat oven to 400.
- 12Brush rounded sides of mushrooms with 3 teaspoons oil.
- 13Place them on a baking sheet, gill sides up.
- 14Bake for 10 minutes.
- 15Reduce oven temperature to 350.
- 16Divide the onion mixture among mushroom caps.
- 17Mound the potato on top of the onion mixture inside the caps.
- 18Sprinkle the tip of the potato mixture with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- 19Bake until heated through, about 25 minutes.
- 20While the mushrooms are cooking heat 1 teaspoon oil in large pot over medium heat.
- 21Add the fresh spinach and sauté 2 minutes.
- 22Season with salt and pepper.
- 23Divide the spinach among 4 plates.
- 24Top each serving with 1 stuffed mushroom.
- 25Season to taste.
- 26Can be doubled or tripled.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabellas Stuffed With Parmesan Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (469 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.4
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 110.1 mg
- Sodium 216.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 14.7 g