Recipe by Mad Maryno
Quite a delicious appetizer. Veganized from October 2006 edition of Chatelaine Quebec. I have the recipe for vegan pesto and pine nut chreese somewhere in my recipe notebook. I'll post them soon.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon xeres vinegar or 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce (vegan pesto)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 big portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded vegan soy cheese (like Vegan Gourmet or my pine nut chreese recipe)
- 20 ounces fresh Baby Spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the vinaigrette: whisk together the oil, the vinegar, the pesto, the salt and pepper, the lemon juice and the garlic.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems.
- Place them on a baking sheet, covered with parchment paper.
- Add the soy cheese. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Broil until the cheese is golden.
- Meanwhile, in a pan over medium heat, sautée the spinach in a bit of olive oil, then mix in the vinaigrette.
- Put the spinach in plates then put a portobello mushroom over.